If your relationship can’t survive the hard stretches of time, it will eventually turn boring and meaningless for you. Yes, it is hard to maintain the luster of the relationship after a few years. Once you have tried practically everything you could do to keep it interesting, things become stale. Meeting each other no longer evokes the fun and excitement it used to. Seeing each other no longer turns you on. Hangouts have become just a part of your relationship. Anniversaries and birthdays have become another date on the calendar.
Couples can’t afford to fall into their comfort zone if they’re really serious about their relationship. Each one has to continually put in more efforts to shake up the relationship. You don’t always need to make every day of your relationship a fun. But a few shakeups are required to spice things up. It gives the relationship the extra kick it needs to not collapse.
That’s why you must never allow your relationship to turn into a boring one. Diversify your activities. Bring in newer hobbies. Do whatever possible to keep the blood pumping in your relationship. So, what exactly are the signs that suggest you have become a monotonous couple? Read on to know.
1. You have run out of things to talk – You don’t have interesting things to talk about anymore. Your discussions have hit a plateau where you no longer find exciting things to discuss. All you need is to expose each other to something new. You need a new perspective.
2. Your $ex life is on life-support – You have to keep your $ex life active and engaging in you want your relationship to stay fresh. Otherwise, it will revert back to monotony and routine.
3. You can’t remember the last time you had fun with each other – The last time was when you were out with your friends or were by yourself. Things weren’t as interesting otherwise you wouldn’t forget meeting your accomplice. Go out! Have some fun with each other right away.
4. You don’t do new activities as a couple anymore – Take up hiking or join a yoga class together. Don’t become the boring old couple that chooses to stay at home.
5. You don’t do things that make you happy – Remember, always have the time to do things you like the most, things that keep you happy and engrossed. If you don’t maintain the optimistic outlook for life, the negativity will slide into your relationship as well. If you maintain a positive outlook, it’s going to manifest itself in your life.
6. Dates are a thing of the past – No matter how old your relationship grows, it’s important to go on a few creative dates and make each other feel more special. Just remind each other why you fell in love in the first place.
7.You don’t make an effort to look good anymore – Make an effort to keep your body tight and chiseled. Try your best always to make your partner fall in love with you more and more. Don’t take them for granted. They are still worth the effort.
8.You don’t have a life outside of your relationship – If your relationship is your whole life, you are depriving yourself of the much-needed perspective, exposure, and depth.